Filipino Coconut Cassava Cake

February 24, 2014



It's been an incredibly busy month with us celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, my friend's friend Esther came to town, Hubby came back from his training, we're getting ready for another deployment and my MIL (Mother-in-Law) is in town. While my MIL has been here, she's made us some pancit and my favorite, her lumpias. Today, I'm sharing with you one of my favorite Filipino desserts, Cassave Cake.

Cassava roots are very rich in starch and tapioca is a starch found in the roots of the plant. You can read more about it on wikipedia.



Filipino Coconut Cassava Cake
recipe from my MIL, Evelyn

2 16oz defrosted shredded cassava (check the frozen section of your Asian market)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2-1 cup granulated sugar
1-2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, optional

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix everything together with a whisk until well blended.

Pour into a greased 13x9 glass pan.

Bake for 30 minutes and add remaining condensed milk on top. Bake an extra 5 minutes.



1 comment:

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme