Crockpot: Beef & Potato Stew

March 6, 2014



The Husband is deploying soon and truthfully, I am absolutely not prepared for this. He went to Korea for a year and I was okay, but I swear, ever since I turned 30... my emotions have heightened. Too many feelings are happening. Ask my friends Ana and Noel.

Anyways, one of his requested meals was beef stew. I've tried a couple recipes in the past, but I think this is by far my favorite. Maybe it's from the added french onion soup or instead of making a slurry, the recipe calls for instant potatoes. This one was a huge hit for us and I can't wait to make it again when he comes back home.

Beef & Potato Stew
recipe from the chic site

1 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1- 10.5 oz can condensed French Onion soup
1 cup water
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3 pounds stew beef
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half or quarters
1 medium onion, large dice cut
3 medium carrots, peeled, cut into large chunks
additional salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup potato flakes (instant mashed potato), as need to thicken stew

1. Add chicken broth, onion soup, water, tomato paste, and soy sauce into bowl of slow cooker. Whisk to break up and distribute tomato paste.

2. In a large bowl, season beef with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.

3. Add seasoned beef, potatoes, onion, and carrots to slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on high for 6-7 hours until the beef is tender.

4. Stir in 1/4 cup potato flakes to thicken soup. Add additional potato flakes 1 tablespoon at a time to achieve desired thickness. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme