Chia Seed Pudding

October 10, 2013



When we got back from our vacation back in September, my husband decided to go on the Hunger for Change 3 day detox. Chia seeds is a gelatinous plant food that helps to draw out toxins from the liver and pass them into the colon for excretion. Chia seeds are also high in omega-3 and make you feel full and satiated! We love chia seeds in our smoothies and juices but have never tried chia seed pudding til the detox.



The verdict? It wasn't that bad. Extremely thick, so I would add more milk or a TBsp less of the seeds.


Chia Pudding
recipe from Hunger for Change 3 day detox

1 1⁄4 cups Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon raw honey
4 tablespoons chia seeds

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a large jar, combine all of the ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate until it thickens into a pudding-like consistency, about 30 minutes.



4 comments:

  1. For more information about chia seeds, and some recipe ideas, check out my website: www.chiativity.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same 'chia' seed that you spread all over the little ceramic animals (or obama heads) from walmart that grow little green fuzzy coats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try this. I saw a similar recipe from Blogilates.com the other day. They don't sell chia seeds here but something similar called chan. I will be making this soon, since I already have the seeds in the pantry. Here, people soak them in water, mix with sugar and more water, and use it as a drink. It looks like frog eggs but doesn't taste too bad but a little boring to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme