Holiday Baking: White Chocolate with Pistachios and Cranberry Cookies

December 22, 2012



Today I'm sharing with you my last holiday baking recipe that was sent out to my closest family and friends. I honestly can't tell you how these taste since I baked and packaged, but hopefully Melissa will leave a comment and let me know how it is taste wise. The original recipe calls for rolled oats, but I omitted that and added pistachios instead. Let me tell you, if you can, buy the deshelled ones... It will literally make your life so much easier! I used what I had on hand and it was not fun whatsoever standing there for a good 10 minutes.


White Chocolate with Pistachio and Cranberry Cookies
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2-1 cup pistachios

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the white chocolate chips, pistachio and the dried cranberries.

4. Drop dough onto baking sheet. Bake until cookies turn slightly golden about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I tweeted you. They were DELICIOUS!!! I rationed them so they lasted a couple of days. Thanks again for sending me some baked goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious and taste nice and nutty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme