Liebster: (der) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've nominated to answer.
Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
- I have less than a handful of friends who I call my sister. I don't have one and wish I did, but these girls whether I've known you 20 years or 3 years, they are my rock!
- I have a younger brother which surprises a lot of people. His name is Jeff, he's about 1 year and a half younger than me. He's super smart, good looking I guess, very talented, and he and his friends are in the works of opening up their own business, Smilu Inc!
- I'm 100% Chinese and for the life of me, I cannot cook Chinese food. Or Asian food in general unless you count Filipino Adobo.
- I've been told in the past that I'm a snob! Their reason? Because I'm from Orange County, California! Though I admit, at first I am shy and pretty reserved, but once you crack me open, I'm actually pretty awesome.
- Not trying to air my parents dirty laundry, but my parents are still legally married on paper, they live in the same house still, my mom cooks and cleans for him, BUT they do not speak to each other!
- I have gone to Chinese School since I was 7 years old and graduated when I finished high school, YET my Chinese still sucks! I went back in '09-'10 with a room full of 12-13 year olds. Embarassing as it was, I love those kids. Not for a single moment did they treat me differently (you know how middle schoolers can be) or made me feel like a complete fool. They were open, genuine and very helpful. I figure, as long as I feed like cookies and cakes I'll be alright :) They are actually my inspiration to open a cookie store.
- I have self-esteem, self-confidence issues brought on by my parents.
- I grew up without my Dad because he has always worked overseas. I feel like I hold that against him a lot for missing out on my life. - Every night before I go to bed, I pop in my headphones and watch videos on youtube. But, every single night for the past 2 months, I have been listening to Bad Boy by Big Bang before I doze off. - I don't drink milk. The only milk I consume is either blended into coffee drinks or cereal. I cannot stand the taste of milk! - I cannot stand people who wears shoes in my house! It's rude and gets my house dirty. Idk about you, but I grew up in an Asian household and wearing shoes in the house is a big no no.
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in Huntington Beach, California aka Surf City USA. I truly love HB. It's not one of the super popular beaches that many know about, but I think it's starting to get a little more known due to Tito Ortiz from UFC.
2. What's your biggest fear? I have so many fears... not being able to get pregnant, height, bugs, death, husband leaving me, roller coasters.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid? I wanted to be a grade school teacher, web/graphic designer and now own a cookie shop. I'm not peppy enough anymore and I'm horrible at censoring myself (though I have improved) and being a teacher not is just not me. Web/Graphic designer... I went to FIDM, but dropped out and got over it, though I like to dabble and I'm not good at it. Cookie shop? I'm pretty hopeful for that one! I still have a lot to learn and recipes to perfect, but one day.
4. Do you like sports? If so, what's your favorite? I'm not a huge sports fan nor do I watch sports, but I did play Tennis and Badminton in high school up til first year in college.
5. What's your most visited webpage? Blogger, Foodgawker, Big Bang Updates (I'm obsessed).
6. Where's your favorite place to shop? I don't shop as much as I use to, but now I usually go to Old Navy, Torrid or Target for clothing. I do love Aerie for undies. I love Lush for my soaps. I love Sephora or Ulta or Walgreens for my beauty and other misc items.
7. What's your favorite movie, TV show, musical artist?
First off, I am currently obsessed with Big Bang and 2NE1, they're both KPOP. I also love Dubstep... yea yea... don't laugh. Favorite movie? Despicable Me, Elf, The Notebook, 50 first dates. This list could go on for awhile! My current favorite TV shows are Gossip Girl, New Girl, Vampire Diaries, How I Met Your Mother, 666 Park Avenue, Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, Big Bang Theory... That's all I think of right now.
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I'll be 34, so hopefully I'll have my first miracle baby by then. Since we're military, who knows where we'll be living and I hope my marriage will still be strong and thriving. Hopefully, I'd have perfected some recipes to start a business even if it's on Etsy.
9. What would you do if you won 1 million dollars? Pay off our debt and this house! Then save a huge portion. If i need IVF, I'd go ahead and do that too. Maybe get of out the military and buy a house in So Cal.
10. What kind of phone do you have? I currently have a iphone 4s. I love my phone! Until I recently updated it to ios 6, except I do love the do not distrub option.
11. What's the number one thing on your bucket list? Having our first baby. Sounds silly, but when you've been trying for over 7 years, it becomes emotionally taxing and now I'm a diabetic, it has become harder. Plus, with husbands schedule, we have the worst timing in the world.
Lattes and Couture
AJs Cooking Secrets
1. What is your current top 5 favorite songs at the moment?
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. If you cook, what is your favorite go to dish to make?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. What foods do you hate and why?
6. If you could have any profession in the world, what would you want to be?
7. List 5 weird habits you have.
8. Coffee or Tea?
9. Current book you're reading?
10. Where do you yourself in the next 5 years?
11. Do you like the city/town you're currently living in?