We Remember

September 11, 2012


(image via google)


I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes unsure how I want to write this post. I remember 11 years ago, I graduated from high school just 2 months before and a week before I had turned 18. I remember I was home alone, didn't have class that day, chatting online when my friend told me to go watch the news. I'm pretty sure I sat in front of the TV absolutely dumbfounded at what was happening right in front of me. I remember talking to a friend who worked in the city and he was telling me about the smoke and the chaos. I was still young and so confused and I don't think I really grasped what was really happening to our world.

This is taken from our old unit's Facebook page and I couldn't of said it better:
As we go through our day today, make sure and take a moment to reflect back on that horrible tragedy that changed our lives 11 years ago today. Let us never forget the events of that day and how it made us feel. Let us never forget the many innocent lives that were lost that day or the Heroes who tried to save them. Let us never forget that this day 11 years ago is the reason our Soldiers are deployed today; fighting for our freedom and the assurance that this type of tragedy may never happen to us again. Today, and everyday, We Remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme