Bo De Tinh Tam Chay

July 20, 2012



Every time I'm in SoCal, I have to come here at least once just for their Thai Soup which is my absolute favorite! When they first opened, they use to have a lot add-ins and now with ingredients being more expensive, they have cut down a lot. My mom and I like to call it the faux squid and on my recent visit, we didn't have any! Come to think of it, there was a lot of canned mushrooms and canned bamboo. What a disappointment. I've also noticed they have made the soup a little spicier, but overall taste was not as good as it use to be.

Another favorite is their Banh Uot Cha Lua with the thick rice noodles and vegetarian "ham" (I believe) and crispy tofu. Their vegetarian fish sauce is also my favorite! We also ordered the Beef dish for my hubby which is actually really good for being faux beef. It almost tastes like the real deal. Almost.

Service is alright. When they first opened, none of the waiters spoke a lick of English, but over the years, they have immensely approved. They also charge you $0.25 for WATER. Yes, you read that right! Now, in 99.9% of restaurants, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to charge water, but I think they use filter water. I'm not too sure about that, but I like to think that they climb a mountain each morning to retrieve the freshest water possible and haul that water back to Westminster, CA, because who charges for water?!!

Bo De Tinh Tam Chay is a serious gem. Delicious vegetarian, even for us meat eaters.

Bo De Tinh Tam Chay
15352 Beach Blvd
Westminster, CA 92683 | 714.891.4455

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme