Quick and Simple Chicken Adobo for One

May 7, 2012



Was in need of a quick dinner and was wanting something quick, but not fast food or from the freezer. Chicken adobo is one of the easiest and quickest recipes to make which is always a plus on a busy weekday. Not that I'm so busy. It only take 6 ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time and then dinner is ready to be served!



Quick & Simple Chicken Adobo for One
2 chicken thighs*, cut into bite-size pieces (you can use chicken breast or pork)
1 cup soysauce
1 cup vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
2 bayleaves
2-3 garlic cloves, smashed
Pinch of black peppercorns (or black pepper)

*Note: You can brown chicken beforehand, but not neccessary
Also, I forgot to add that you can add a cup of water OR pineapple juice. My MIL likes to add potatoes and raisins to her adobo.

Put everything in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Turn down heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with rice.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, been looking around for something for dinner. Just me tonight the hubby is out on his bike yet again, seems like I have been eating a lot lately on my own since he got his bike.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme