Tropical Green Smoothie

April 29, 2013



I feel like I've been in a funk lately and having a green smoothie makes me incredibly happy. My head feels clearer, my eyes are wide open and I am ready to get things done (or make blog posts). It's like a caffeine boost, but with fruits and veggies. It's 64F today here in Washington state and you know, that's like a miracle! While my family and friends back home in So Cal are enjoying summer weather, I have been hibernating with sweaters and the heater running every day for the last week or so.

I don't have a fancy blender so this took awhile to actually blend. Usually I use fresh banana, but mine are well past over due and I plan to save those to make banana bread, but I did have frozen banana saved (hence why it took extra long to blend). I pretty much used whatever I had on hand and got lucky with the ending results. I also have a system of putting ice cubes first then spinach (or soft veggie/fruit) then the frozen stuff. It seems to blend better this way... or at least for me.



Tropical Green Smoothie

1 handful of spinach
1/2 frozen banana
1 small handful of green grapes
1 small handful of frozen peaches
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 lemon, juiced
coconut water
a couple of ice cubes

Put ice cubes on the bottom, layer spinach, banana, grapes, peach, squeeze of lemon. Pour in about 1/4-1/2 a cup of coconut water. Blend and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Gonna try this. And guess what?? My jewelry finally turned up!!! Here is my post: http://zombirdy.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-swap-february-bauble-swap.html
    Thank you so much!! I love all of it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme