Bang Bang Shrimp

April 19, 2013



I have never tried Bang Bang Shrimp or even been to a Bonefish Grill establishment. Actually, I bet they don't even have one near me. For goodness sakes, we don't even have a TGIFriday's! They have forever left Washington state, but I'm constantly seeing commercials... So, I'm thinking I either need to go to Canada or Oregon to eat it.

So, I've seen bang bang shrimp recipes all over Pinterest and Foodgawker. There's the unhealthy version and Gina's healthy take on it. Of course I decided to go the healthy route and to be honest, I didn't care for this at all. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for shrimp that day or maybe because I used Japanese mayo and Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce instead. Whatever it was, my tongue did not enjoy it. Maybe you'll have better luck?



Bang Bang Shrimp
Original recipe from Skinnytaste

Sauce:

5 tbsp Japanese Mayo
3 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tsp Sriracha (to taste)

For the Shrimp:

12 large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
Salt & Pepper for taste 1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp canola oil
1 tbsp scallions, chopped

In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.

Coat shrimp with cornstarch, pinch of salt & pepper, mixing well with your chopsticks (or hands).

Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat, when hot add oil. When oil is hot add the shrimp to hot pan and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and combine with the sauce coating well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme