Holiday Baking: Chai Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies

December 3, 2012



Been testing out some recipes for this years cookie gram to my family and close friends and I personally love Chai anything and everything. Plus, I was stuck with 2 bags of the Pumpkin Spice Kisses and I desperately needed to get rid of them.... not to mention, I'm still stuck with a bag of them!

I ended up chopping up the kisses and mixed it in the dough since my last thumbprint recipe was a disaster which I had to turn them into a cookie bar. Thankfully these cookies turned out really good! Very cake-like, moist and delicious. The chai flavor wasn't as strong as I hoped for and the original recipe only called to sprinkle the chai spice on top, which I ended up adding it into the dough. I recommend putting in less cinnamon, more cardamon and maybe add in more chai concentrate.



Chai Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
Original recipe from Pass the Sushi

1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup chai concentrate (I used the brand Oregon Chai)
1 large egg
1 teas vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teas baking soda
1/8 teas salt
1/2 teas chai spice mix (recipe below)
10-12 pumpkin spice kisses, chopped, optional
OR 22-24 Pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses to top on cookie

Chai Spice Mix:
1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer and cream at medium speed until fluffy, or with a hand mixer, for about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, chai concentrate, and the vanilla, mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, chai spice mix and salt, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as necessary. Mix in the chopped kisses.

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 325F.

Using your hands, roll the dough into 22 to 24 1 inch round balls. Place the dough balls on parchment paper lined baking sheets.

Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, unwrap kisses.

Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place pumpkin kisses in the center of each cookie. Don’t touch or the kisses will turn into puddles! Cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. These sound amazing!! We love anything chai at our house, I will have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Yen, seriously you have to do a photography tutorial. Your food photos are SIMPLY THE BEST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks Evani! I have no tricks up my sleeve though. I always photo in natural light and I've been using foam boards. And, photoshop doesn't hurt either :)

      Delete

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme