Warm Spinach Salad

April 30, 2012

Image

I won't get into full detail, but this week I was diagnosed with Diabetes. It literally crushed me, but I've been pushing on, doing some research, gone to the bookstore to get some diabetic cookbooks and so far I've been pretty positive. That positivity can only last so long before I crash and burn.

Cooking dinner takes over my day. I can't just whip up a meal and eat it without worrying about how much carb, sodium and sugar. Last night I made a warm spinach salad with quinoa. It was really good, but I was still hungry afterwards. Thank you sugar-free fudgsicle. Quinoa is new to our diet and I know DH doesn't like it, but he's a trooper and still eats as much as he can.

Warm Spinach Salad

recipe from Eat what you Love by Marlene Koch

1/4 cup chicken broth

2 tsp minced garlic

1 TBsp olive oil

2 TBsp balsamic vinegar

Pinch of Salt

Pepper to taste

8 cups spinach (I used 3-4 handfuls)

2 TBsp grated Parmesan cheese

1) Add chicken broth and garlic to large saute pan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes to soften and mellow garlic.

2) Whisk in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Turn off heat and add spinach. Using tongs, quickly toss the spinach in warm dressing just until coated.

3) Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!
I truly appreciate the comments, advice and encouragement you leave me here :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme